Temporary - Supplier Quality Engineer
Performance et support
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance of products and services purchased and/or provided by the supplier. Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- •Ensure the quality of products and services purchased and/or supplied by the company.
- •Aid in the selection of suppliers: assist with the supplier approval process.
- •Manage suppliers: Ensure that quality assurance plans (system, product, transfers) are developed by suppliers.
- •Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
- •Analyze and approve industrial validation (FAI) files submitted by suppliers.
- •Assist with product development and industrialization.
- •Ensure processes are carried out in compliance with procedures in force, in particular by taking part in reviews.
- •Perform relevant monitoring activities at supplier sites (product/process/procedure audits/other interventions, tec.) to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
- •Maintain and update supplier audit log and schedule
- •Promote continuous improvement at supplier sites by implementing effective methodologies for supplier management and improvement plans.
- •Implement the inspections required at supplier sites in the event of a malfunction.
- •Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- •Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
- •Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- •Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred
- •3 to 5 years' experience in supplier quality in aeronautic or automotive industry
- •Practice of 8d, Ishikawa or equivalent analysis methods
- •Auditing, First Article Inspections and production process reviews.
- •AS9100, ISO knowledge
Scope and Accountabilities:
- •Continual improvement: able to organize and implement continual improvement methods linked to a particular field and can ensure the follow-up.
- •Process/ Product/Service and System quality audit: able to conduct a quality audit independently and can judge, when observing a lapse, the real or potential impact on the quality of the product / service or process, the costs and the deadlines.
- •Standardization: able to appreciate and evaluate a risk of non-conformity with a standard and propose several solutions specifying the risks and consequences of each solution.
- •Supplier development tools: able to choose, associate and implement several supplier development tools depending on the target objective and the nature of the problem to address.
- •Knowledge of the product for which the engines are designed: knows and understands the technical, operational and economical performance characteristics of the products for which APUs are designed.
- •Customer support: able to question the requirements of an internal or external customer to identify true and undeveloped requirements. Able to optimize the response to his/her requirements depending on company's constraints.
- •Ability to work in a multicultural environment: knows how to work regularly with a network of people from different cultures. Understands and knows how to adapt to the cultural codes of a geographical area.
- •Ability to work as part of a team (frequency and scope of relational interaction)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
PMO Summer InternshipPublished on 05/16/2019San Diego, United States Internship / Student Programs
Alternance - Ingénieur Qualité Fournisseurs H/FPublished on 04/10/2019Toulouse, France Apprenticeship Quality
Alternance - Ingénieur Assurance Qualité en développement H/FPublished on 04/10/2019Toulouse, France Apprenticeship Quality