Supplier Quality Associate Internship
Summary of Job Purpose:
Support the Supplier Quality Engineer in
- • Ensuring the quality of products and services purchased by the company.
- • Suggesting and successfully implementing supplier improvement plans.
- • Promoting continuous improvement at supplier sites by implementing effective methodologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assisting the Supplier Quality Engineer in the selection of suppliers:
- • Preparation of documentation to support the supplier approval process.
Assisting the Supplier Quality Engineer with product development and industrialization:
- • Making sure that the process is carried out in compliance with procedures in force, in particular by taking part in reviews.
- • Analyzing and reviewing industrial validation files submitted by suppliers.
- • Making sure that quality assurance plans (system, product, transfers) are drawn up by suppliers.
- • Establishing indicators to produce supplier quality performance reports and provide data to determine non-quality costs.
- • Periodically informing suppliers of their quality performance levels.
- • Managing the processing of product and process non-quality, monitor the implementation of corrective/preventive actions and their effectiveness.
- • Making sure that suppliers manage their panel of suppliers.
- • Making sure that progress plans required to attain supply chain objectives are implemented by suppliers.
- • Preventing any action that could result in unacceptable product quality issues.
- • Implementing the inspections required at supplier sites in the event of a malfunction.
- • Perform other quality function tasks as needed, such as:
- - Manage corrective action requests,
- - Implement problem solving tools (8D),
- - Process supplier concession requests
Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • Follows procedures for fulfilling project objectives; identifies problems; and recommends solutions. May act, but must inform supervisor promptly. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to reconstruct the entire team effort
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing environment preferred
- • Knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection preferred
- • Knowledge of problem solving, root cause and corrective action tools (8D, 5 why, Ishikawa, etc.)
- • Intermediate level knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, ranges, formulas, charting, etc.)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Program Management InternPublished on 03/03/2020San Diego, United States Internship / Student Programs
Software EngineerPublished on 01/23/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time Software
Software / Modeling EngineerPublished on 08/23/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Software