Employees / Staff
Support the purchasing department to improve its global supply chain performance (cost, quality, delivery, service, innovation). Participate in the purchasing strategy and commodity roadmap definition; deploy best practices and tools to ensure cost reduction and supplier contracting objectives.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Effectively manage supply chain relationships and contract for the assigned commodities and suppliers.
- - Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
- • Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies / needs (commodity, program, volume, and timing), in line with the Purchasing Policy and strategy by performing initial
- • Supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc.
- • Contribute to the Cost objective plan defined for the commodities of group of suppliers assigned.
- • Support the Purchasing Leader for defining the Purchasing roadmaps by providing inputs and results on the commodities and suppliers managed.
- • Ensure adherence to the company Supply Chain management policies, procedures and Purchasing best practices.
- • Maintain a continuous supply of materials to avoid any disruptions in manufacturing and/or customer service, performing all work with a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- • Support tactical buyer's team by creating supplier contracts on time into the ERP system. Reconcile differences in price or quantity of received supplier products with the Accounts Payable and Receiving departments.
- • Communicates with User departments such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Facilities and other departments as necessary to ensure their requirements are met.
- • Support the Engineering and Program departments during the industrialization of the new equipment.
- • Ensure the supplier respects the main planning's milestones and delivers the document and/or parts accordingly. Control the cost, quality and logistic terms will not deviate to the initial objectives and before the serial production phase.
- • Monitors supplier performance, prepares reports and other records pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable. Support Internal Quality and Logistic departments in case of supplier non-performance.
- • Demonstrate a strong commitment to the company's objectives for 100% On Time Deliveries, Quality, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and any other improvement initiatives.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor's Degree in Business and 5-8 years of experience in Purchasing and or Supply Chain.
- • Experience in delivering competitive advantage to the business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category;
- • Ability to lead projects and negotiate with cross functional and cross market teams;
- • Good business writing skills and ability to use networks to influence business activity and convince others;
- • Excellent interpersonal skills with good relationship building skills;
- • Ability to drive results and obtain information from a team;
- • A proven team player with creative problem solving skills;
- • Ability to multi task, problem solve, proactive with good presentation skills and self-initiative.
- • Able to speak business French to communicate with the parents' company purchasing department and other Safran entities.
- • Understand the US purchasing strategy and French purchasing strategy highly desired.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Software EngineerPublished on 01/23/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time Software
Director of Customer SupportPublished on 01/21/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time General managers
Customer Service and Aftermarket SupportPublished on 01/20/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support