Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- - Develop and verify control software for airborne Auxiliary Power Units.
- -Work with project team to establish software requirements and execute programming and validation of SW in accordance with DO-178B or C and DO-331
- -Act as primary interface for software integration at the aircraft level
- - Utilize ANSI C, Matlab, Simulink, Python, IBM DOORS, IBM Synergy and other tools to develop and validate control requirements. Support rig and engine testing
- - Manage and develop software documentation and standards.
- - Coordinate with other engineering and company departments to achieve optimization of the design based on established constraints
- - Build a strong relationship with clients, partners and parent company technical team in a partnership environment.
- - 5+ years' experience in software engineering for aircraft equipment controllers; preferably for APUs or main engines
- - Familiarity with airworthiness rules and aviation standards.
- -Familiarity with avionics system architecture, DO-178, RTCA and EASA certification requirements and processes.
- - Understand basics of engine control (hardware and software), diagnostics and communications protocols.
- - Ability to optimize software designs with multiple constraints
- - Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or related field
- - Good verbal and written communication skills.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Software / Modeling EngineerPublished on 08/23/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Software
Program Management InternPublished on 02/26/2020San Diego, United States Internship / Student Programs
Acheteur programme H/FPublished on 02/24/2020Toulouse, France Regular Full time Purchasing