1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Perform the logistics activities, which includes receiving, shipping, storing, and kitting of hardware.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Export/Import Control :
- - The movement of product out of the county in compliance with federal, state, local regulations.
- - Will ensure international documentation requirements for courier and other small package shipments are complete.
- - Document all exports and imports on shipping/receiving log.
- • Receiving :
- • Inventory :
- • Kitting :
- • Shipping
- • General :
The Material Coordinator oversees the shipment and receiving of goods in accordance with logistical schedules and customers' expectations.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • High School diploma or GED
- • Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics and inventory management.
- • Experience with Microsoft Office required
- • Experience with SAP a plus
- • Working experience in a high quality assembly shop environment is highly preferred
- • Ability to multitask with great attention to details
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills
- • Excellent customer service skills
- • Excellent analytical skills
- • Export and Import Control knowledge
- • Most important, the candidate must demonstrate a strong leadership and work ethic.
- • DOT Hazardous Materials ground and IATA air shipment training
5.0 Physical Requirements:
- • Must be able to lift 25lbs and operate a crane and other logistics equipment.
- • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.