Electrical Test & Turbine Technician
Research, design and development
Reporting through the Test Labs Organization, this role will be used to support the Safran Power Units business unit in building and testing gas turbine engines (specifically APU's) and associated systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Facility electrical design improvements to incorporate additional valves, solenoids, instrumentation breakouts etc.
- • Troubleshooting of electrical and/or system's issues to isolate failures
- • Setup and coordination to add additional instrumentation to a test cell (i.e. adding accelerometer signal conditioners, pressure scanning bricks, or temperature bricks into an initial setup).
- • Connecting instrumentation (thermocouples, tygon for pressure readings, accelerometers, etc.).
- • Perform preventative maintenance activities on test cell and facilities electrical equipment.
- • Operation of APU alongside an engineer
- • Troubleshoot mechanical issues and/or facility issues that prevent running.
- • Light fabrication work can be expected (i.e. connecting valves, solenoids, relays, servo's, etc.).
- • Perform back up duties for any or all the operations necessary for the assembly/disassembly turbine components in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and /or standard work practices.
Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • In some instances this individual will be called on to help install the APU, adapt the APU for various development tests and operate the APU alongside a Test Lab's Engineer
- • This is a hands-on position that requires an electrically/mechanically inclined person.
- • Must be strongly self-directed and work well with small teams
- • Scope of the day to day work includes but is not limited to the following requirements:
o Capable of reading, interpreting and following Engineering Instructions, Engineering Drawings and Test Procedures.
o Specify and order specialty tools, wires, connectors, solenoids, and other facility items for test.
o Breakout Electronic signals for independent/redundant measurement through the Data Acquisition System.
o Support end to end calibration checks
o Setup and troubleshoot network devices/local networks.
- • High school diploma or general education diploma (GED);
- • 5 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (10+ years preferred).
- • Electrical training or certification, and the ability to perform electrical duties in a safe manner.
- • Airframe and power plant experience highly preferred, A&P license is a plus.
- • Prior experience working on Aerospace Engines or Systems.
- • Demonstrated ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and Manufacturing instructions.
- • Knowledge of Basic Level Microsoft Office Programs: Outlook, Word, and Excel a plus.
- • Must be mechanically/electrically inclined and must have good interpersonal skills to be applied to day to day job duties.
- • Autonomous, proactive approach and problem solving mindset is a must.
- • Working knowledge of Visio is strongly encouraged.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- • The employee is required to sit, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- • The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, may frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- • While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and electrical components.
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Strategic BuyerPublished on 08/23/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Software / Modeling EngineerPublished on 08/23/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Software
Ingénieur Hardware H/FPublished on 08/24/2019Toulouse, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation