Design & Analysis Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Design & Analysis Engineer designs and analyzes gas turbine engine components and assemblies for use in Aerospace and related applications. He/She participates as a team member of a highly skilled engineering team and has willingness to expand in knowledge and expertise related to the product.
He/She will ensure designs meet customer requirements, taking into account the engineering budget and schedule goals. He/She will be required to present design information at internal and external reviews, audits and customer meetings.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- - Design gas turbine components for hot and cold section, gearbox, LRUs and other equipment.
- - Engineer solutions to design issues found during testing or field operation.
- - Conduct analysis of designs to confirm compliance with customer and airworthiness specifications.
- - Follow-up with other engineering groups to assure design performs as specified. - Participate in rig and system tests.
- - Create drawings and reports to document the results of the design and analysis. Coordinate with designers.
- - Coordinate with other engineering and company departments to achieve optimization of the design, based on established constraints.
- - Build a strong relationship with clients, partners and parent company technical team in a partnership environment.
- - BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- - 3-5 years' experience in gas turbine design and analysis
- - 5+ years' experience with design and analysis tools such as Unigraphics, Catia, configuration management, design control, quality control.
- - Experience in designs that comply with airworthiness rules and aviation standards as related commercial aircraft engines.
- - Understand the operation of aircraft Auxiliary Power Units and related systems.
- - Ability to optimize designs with multiple constraints. Understands configuration management and design control.
- - Understand basics of heat transfer, stress, combustion, aerodynamics (CFD), rotor dynamics, acoustics, and general mechanical design.
- - Good verbal and written communication skills.
- - Demonstrated ability to make good decisions related to component design and application.
- - Creative and innovative problem solver.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Human Resources AssistantPublished on 01/16/2019San Diego, United States Fixed Term contract Human Resources
Approvisionneur H/FPublished on 01/18/2019Toulouse, France Regular Full time Supply chain
Pilote de la performance fournisseur - SPM H/FPublished on 01/18/2019Toulouse, France Regular Full time Purchasing