Customer Service Representative
Program / Customer Relations
Summary of Job Purpose:
This person will perform the role of Customer Service Representative responsible for supporting both Production and Aftermarket Customers for the Customer Support Organization. This includes but not limited to, managing customer inquiries, requests for quotes, pricing, customer order/contract management, statusing of work in progress, invoicing, handling customer disputes, and warranty claims. This role will be customer facing and will directly liaise with the Customer, Customer Support team and many internal Safran teams such as procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Ensure validity of the commercial conditions requested by the customer.
- • Prepare basis of estimates for quotes for non-standard requests.
- • Communicate regularly and proactively with customers providing input into the forecast. (RFQ, order, status, etc.)
- • Track and manage all sales orders in SAP, customer portals, and internal reporting tools
- • Status the customer and the internal organization keeping all parties informed of delivery schedule, logistics challenges, etc.
- • Ensure accurate order processing (currency, price, and quantity).
- • Invoice customer upon shipment of hardware or completion of service.
- • Provide regular status updates to the customer. (Open order status, Delivery status, Airway bill).
- • Acknowledge receipt of any request or question and ensuring that an answer is given in a timely manner.
- • Ensure export control processes are followed. Demonstrates a proactive nature and ownership of all aspects of the Customer Support Administrator position and processes.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills with good relationship building skills
- • Ability to multi task, problem solve, stream-line processes and create new processes to solve for gaps.
- • Proactive with good presentation skills and self-initiative.
- • Work with buyers to coordinate vendor repair processes/efforts in support of customer repairs.
- • Work with buyers to monitor supplier performance, prepare reports and other records pertaining to the items or service purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable. Support Internal Quality and Logistic departments in case of supplier non-performance
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) Preferred.
- • Experience with SAP.
- • 5+ years of experience in Aerospace industry. Knowledge of Aircraft APU's (Auxiliary Power Units) preferred.
- • Working knowledge and experience with SAP.
- • Able to develop standard commercial proposals; conduct order reviews; manage administrative processing of orders and customer follow-up in the context of the sales policy.
- • Familiarity with the basic principles of the logistics flows internal and external to the company.
- • Advanced capabilities with MS Office - Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
- • Procurement: knowledge of the basic concepts of procurement.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type; use ability to talk and hear.
- • The employee may be required to reach with hands and arms to manage paperwork.
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Aero/ Performance EngineerPublished on 01/15/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Director of Customer SupportPublished on 01/15/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time General managers
Manager, Certification and Test EngineeringPublished on 01/09/2020San Diego, United States Regular Full time Testing