Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Controller will ensure proper accounting records and design reports to assist leadership in making critical business decisions. The position will prepare forecasts, actuals, and variance analysis and is the focal point for all accounting-related activities of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Planning and organizing all the activities of the cost accounting functions
- • In charge of the day to day operations of the cost accounting functions from calculation of hourly rates, overhead management to monthly close, analysis and studies
- • Preparing various financial statements and reports
- • Performing the monthly closing activities including preparation of the reports and analysis
- • Maintaining general and subsidiary ledgers, revenue distribution, depreciation, costs
- • Preparing costs analysis and rate studies
- • Preparing statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue
- • Reviewing financial statements with management personnel
- • Analyzing proactively variances and communicating proactively issues and opportunities to operations management
- • Developing metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers and inventory
- • Defining policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities
- • Preparing the budget and the updates as well as analysis between actual and budget
- • Preparing cash flow forecast and implement actions with operations to reach the goals
- • Lead the monthly Business Review Meetings.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- • 5-7 years of experience in accounting and finance, including management and oversight of finance and accounting; budgeting and forecasting; financial analysis of operations; cost accounting; financial systems; and financial statement preparation, review, and analysis
- • GAAP and IFRS experience highly preferred.
- • CPA a plus.
- • Proven experience in driving process improvements
- • Ability to lead, motivate and support other departments
- • Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- • Experience to evaluate the company's financial risks and propose solutions.
- • Master all the cost control techniques.
- • Understand fiscal law and fiduciary controls.
- • Ability to solve problems, adapt and/or design procedures, methods, rules, etc.
Must be a US citizen
Specificity of the job
This position requires travels in Grand Prairie, Texas, 20% of the time.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.
Mechanical designerPublished on 02/20/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Sales and Marketing Support SpecialistPublished on 02/08/2019San Diego, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Acheteur Famille H/FPublished on 02/22/2019Toulouse, France Regular Full time Purchasing