At a glance
Safran Power Units: a world leader in gas turbines
Part of the international high-tech group Safran, Safran Power Units is a world leader specialized in the design and manufacturing of power systems for civil and military aerospace.
Safran Power Units's business is organized in two product lines :
- Auxiliary Power Units (APU) and Starting Systems for aircraft, helicopters and also ground applications.
- Turbojet engines for missiles and target drones.
With more than 50 years of passion and innovation, Safran Power Units has become a global reference in robust, reliable turbines and turbojet engines.
Safran Power Units power solutions are efficient and reliable as a result of considerable R&D investments and strategic partnerships with the world's leading OEMs. Represented worldwide, Safran Power Units provides efficient Support and Service solutions to its customers in order to meet their expectations every day.
Safran Power Units is a world leader in the field of power systems and propulsion systems, and has delivered over 21,000 units.
Chief Financial Officer
Human Resources Vice-President
Laurent Le Foll
Vice President Commercial & Customer Support
San Diego Vice-President
Headquartered in France and two affiliates in the United States.
Safran Power Units is present on five continents through six Safran Power Units and Safran Helicopter Engines sites: Toulouse, France; Grand Prairie, Texas, USA; San Diego, USA; Fareham, England; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Sydney, Australia. They are home bases for sales representatives, design and engineering offices, production, repair and support departments, everything we need to provide our customers with close, responsive service.
Safran Power Units
Safran Power Units was founded in November 1961 in Toulouse, France, by James Gaston Bayard. The Safran Power Units plant in Toulouse is home to the corporate design, research, development, sales, production and repair departments and has twenty test benches.
Safran Power Units - Headquarters
8 chemin du Pont de Rupé
BP 62089 - 31019 Toulouse Cedex 2
Tel. +33 (0)5 61 37 55 00
Fax +33 (0)5 61 70 74 45
Safran Power Units Dallas
Safran Power Units' presence in the USA began in November 1973 in Bohemia, New York operating under the name of Ames Industrial Corporation. In 1989, the company relocated to Grand Prairie, Texas, and incorporated under the name of Microturbo Dallas. Renamed Safran Power Units Dallas in 2016, the company provides maintenance, repair and overhauls services for auxiliary power units as well as the gas turbine starting systems in the US Navy's T-45 trainer jets and the Canadian Hawk 100 trainer jets serving the NATO Flying Training Center. In addition, Safran Power Units Dallas produces and maintains the TR60 line of turbojet engines for the US Air Force, US Navy, and US Army's aerial targets. The Safran Power Units Dallas is proud to have delivered more than 1,000 turbojets to the US military's aerial target programs.
Safran Power Units Dallas
2709 North Forum Drive
Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 – 7027
Tel. + 1 972 606 7600
Safran Power Units San Diego
Microturbo San Diego was founded in July 2014 following the purchase of Pratt & Whitney AeroPower business jet auxiliary power units (APU), the APS500[D] and the APS2.
Safran Power Units San Diego
4255 Ruffin Road, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123
Tel. + 1 858 223 2210
Safran Helicopter Engines UK
Microturbo Ltd was founded in 1973 when international markets were expanding to meet the needs of UK customers, in particular for the manufacture and maintenance of 007 starting systems on Jaguar aircraft. In 2008, Microturbo Ltd and Turbomeca Ltd merged to become Turbomeca UK, specialized in the maintenance of small and medium-power gas turbines and the manufacture of complex mechanical assemblies. Renamed Safran Helicopter Engines UK in 2016, the company plant has five test benches and services the auxiliary power units and starting systems of the Hawk aircraft.
Safran Helicopter Engines UK
Concorde Way - Segensworth North
Fareham, Hants - PO15 5RL
Tel. +44 1489 564 848
Fax +44 1489 563 902
Safran Helicopter Engines Australia
Turbomeca Australasia was founded in 1994 in Sydney, Australia. Originally a repair center for BAE Systems Hawks with Saphir 10 APUs and Safran Power Units 047 starting systems, this site now assembles engines too. Now named Safran Helicopter Engines Australia, the company has one test bench.
Safran Helicopter Engines Australia PTY LTD
Bankstown NSW 220
115 Wackett Street
Bankstown Airport - NSW 2200
Tel. +61 2 9796 6614
Fax +61 2 9791 6708
The men and women of Safran Power Units share Safran's values directed at upholding the Group's commitment to customer satisfaction.
Our customers are our number-one value and satisfying them is our prime objective. Every day, we strive to listen to them and understand them, to anticipate and meet their needs, thereby contributing to their success.
Our work is guided by a respect for our commitments to meet or exceed our customers' expectations, by product and service innovation and by responsiveness, to quickly meet their requests.
To achieve excellence in all our activities, Safran Power Units' staff, suppliers and partners commit to Quality goals, in line with the Safran+ Business Improvement Initiative.
As a civically minded company, Safran Power Units develops a prevention culture to manage health, safety and environmental risks.
Our Quality policy is to satisfy our customers and achieve operational excellence, to capture new markets and ensure the sustainability of our business.
Continuous improvement is factored into our Quality processes, earning recognized certifications for the company:
- ISO 9001-2000: compliance with quality requirements, to support continuous process improvement throughout the product life cycle.
- AS/EN 9100: adds aviation-specific requirements to those of ISO 9001 - a guarantee for our customers that our organization can handle every aspect of their needs.
- PART 21 G: compliance with civil regulations on the production of new equipment and spare parts.
- PART 145: compliance with civil regulations on the maintenance and repair of in-service equipment - a guarantee for our military customers that their in-service equipment is maintained and repaired to the highest quality standards.
- PART 21J: compliance with civil regulations, to maintain the design assurance system for equipment designed, developed and marketed by Safran Power Units.
- FRA21G: compliance with state regulatory requirements for the production of new equipment and spare parts.
- FRA 21J: compliance with state regulatory requirements to ensure the existence and maintenance of the design assurance system for materials that Safran Power Units designs, develops and markets.
- Compliance with military requirements: the Safran Power Units Quality system conforms to the specific requirements governing military equipment delivered to NATO member countries.
- Safran Power Units is actively engaged in obtaining FRA145.
Health, safety, environment
Safran Power Units shows respect for the environment through its Environmental Management System
To further assert our position as a serious and responsible company concerned about efficient environment-friendliness, Safran Power Units has implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on continuing improvement and in accordance with ISO standard 14001.
We are committed on the following major points:
- Respect of all statutory regulations applicable to the site and any other specific requirements (Group policy, local regulations, etc.)
- Control and management of identified health and safety risks
- Improved management of hazardous substances used or produced by the company
- Enhanced environmental protection and waste and emissions management
- Gradual incorporation of HSE into product design and industrialization.
The corresponding actions are put into practice and enforced by management and apply to all staff.
Our environmental policy is also communicated to our partners and subcontractors to enlist support and ensure success.
Safran Power Units' management steers and oversees application of the policy and determines the actions for improvement, which are then entrusted to the supervision of the HSE manager.
Enactment of this policy, consistent with Safran's, is a priority. It offers living proof to our customers, our partners, our neighbors and the public authorities that Safran Power Units respects the requirements for safety and environmental protection.
A culture of continuous progress, for ever more reliable and powerful products and services.
Safran+ is the Safran Group's business improvement initiative, focused on boosting performance, leadership, and innovation and capitalizing on synergies throughout the Safran Group to improve customer satisfaction. To achieve this goal, the initiative relies on the rigorous Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Continuous progress is a core value in Safran Power Units management methods.
Safran Power Units benefits from synergies within the Safran Group, an international high-tech equipment manufacturer and an aviation, defense and safety leader.
The Group employs 70,000 people, has locations on every continent and turned over more than €17.4 billion in 2015.